McKeon's is a quaint pub located on the Shannon/Erne Waterway. A Family run business with a good atmosphere and complimentary food on Friday nights and live music on Saturdays.
In 2008 we celebrated 40 years in business although the pub is now run by Kieran & Mary McKeon, son of the previous owner. Our bar is on 2 levels with an open welcoming fire. We are also a recipient of an Irish Welcome Award and this year our business came 2nd in the Best Outside Display in the Floral Pride Competition.
We pride ourselves in keeping our bar clean, friendly and above all we aim to please all our valued customers.
Our bar is available for parties and functions anytime, we can make that special event memorable for you.
The Guinness is good and the craic is mighty at McKeon's Bar, Keshcarrigan.
Our lounge can cater for large groups, parties, meetings and any kind of function. Food for parties can be arranged. And there is no charge for use of the premises.
* Situated along the Shannon/Erne Waterway, watersports on Kesh Lake
* Fishing on Lough Scur and Kesh Lake
* Two nice restaurants in walking distance
* Many walks
* We are only 10 minutes from Carrick-on-Shannon, a great town for shopping and great restaurants.
* We are also 10 minutes from Lough Rynn Castle and 15 minutes from Kilronan Castle.
* We have Moorlands Equestrian centre and the Ramada hotel within a 10 minute drive.
* Our village, Keshcarrigan, has pleasant walks, fishing on Lough Suir and Kesh Lake, boating on Shannon Waterway where the boats moor in Keshcarrigan. We have an Italian restaurant, hairdresser & beautician, local shop and Post Office.
* Sligo is less than an hour's drive where there is plenty of shopping.
Whats on Offer:
- Live Music
- Parties Catered For
- Themed Nights
- Family Friendly
- Family Run
- Function Room
- Off Licence
- Open Fire
- Wheelchair Access
Had a great night in this pub? Loved the food? Write a review and let us know what you thought of this pub.
"An amazing open fire every time we visit"
Friendly pub with a welcoming fire every time we visit! Also they have complimentary food on Friday nights for years now - great service!
Review published 24 January 2012
Posted by: Tom Striffilino
Loved the atmosphere, live music and finger food on Fri nights. Great place to visit.
Review published 4 June 2009
What do you think?
What is the most important thing to you when choosing a pub?